Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Time Flies When You're (Not) Having Fun

Over a year ago, I made a first stab at blogging, the novelty of which quickly wore off. After all, what makes me think anyone would bother with the ramblings of a 60-yr. old Dogmom who longs for a return to the "good old days" and spends too much time in dark mutterings & ruminations on the state of the world as we know it?

And so I abandoned the nascent blog and discovered.... (ta-da!) Facebook and as a result became addicted to avoiding the real world of penny-pinching in the current economy, a winter's gray skies and the roller coaster that is Indiana weather. Instead, I took up residence in a place where it was always sunny and 70 degrees Fahrenheit - FARMVILLE! There, I've become a multi-millionaire! Three cheers for virtual reality! Now if only I could figure out a way to do it in real life.

For good or for ill, a dear friend convinced me to return to a slightly more real world (at least for brief visits). And so I find myself once again in this little corner of cyberspace (GAWD, I hate that word), where I can share my pearls of wisdom, dark Eeyore-ish thoughts or just plain "stuff" & get it off my chest. (I think the encouragement offered had something to do with said friend being tired of listening to me LOL!).

So here I sit, finding it almost impossible to believe that more than full year has passed since I last wrote... a difficult and stressful one if truth be told. It's been a year of hubby working away from home, and trying to maintain our house and his apartment on one salary, while ALSO trying to keep our sanity by finding money under the sofa cushions to buy pizza once a month... a year of trying to make sure Dhugal, our Golden Retriever, isn't outside at the same time as Lexie, our neighbor's border collie (they get WAY too talkative and we're trying not to run afoul of the AHA (Almighty Homeowners Association); a year of watching my mom linger in the shadow that is Alzheimer's, and yet another year of worrying to the point of billiousness over the threat of tornadoes (even if we're two states away from the nearest watch box!). Definitely not a fun year, but one that has passed in an eye-blink. Somewhere in all that "ordinary little life" angst are a few stories - some are maybe even worth telling - so here I am again. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Please continue, Cheryl. I need encouragement to get back to writing my blog as well. Facebook is a draw to me to keep tabs on my friends, however, I refused to be sucked into that virtual reality. I have enough problems dealing with real life than to worry who is going to pick my pretend crops. So tell your stories and rest assured there will be people out here to read them.

    ReplyDelete