Sunday, February 8, 2009

Welcome to the Doghouse!

By way of introduction I'll admit that I never thought much of the concept of blogging... after all, how are all those bloggers' opinions worth any more than my own? Opinions are a dime a dozen (even less if you happen to catch a special at Wal-Mart). Lately, though, there have been so many things happening in the news and in my own little corner of the world that if I didn't have a place where I could cheer or jeer, I just might explode. My husband Dave and my two Golden Retrievers, Marley and Dhugal, have made it clear that they've heard quite enough of my opinions lately and suggested that I seek out a wider audience. According to them, our little house can only contain just so much "hot air".

So here I sit, with plenty to say despite knowing that the number of people who stumble upon these thoughts may be nil. "If a new blog falls into the forest of cyberspace, will it be read?" In the old days, I'd have simply kept a diary hidden under the bed, but by writing here I can feel smug about being "green" in some small way. (In my girlhood, my diary used LOTS of pages.)

You can look forward (or not) to thoughts on politics, pet ownership, job hunting in Y2K-9, the virtues (or lack thereof) of compact fluorescent bulbs, and the pitfalls of cooking with cornstarch, among other topics large and small.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. This promises to be a wonderfully-written and delightful site, full of true intelligence, wisdom and a wry sense of humor. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I don't know if this kite will fly or not, but maybe I can have some fun along the way.

    ReplyDelete